There are definite do’s and don’ts when driving a truck and this is absolutely one of the don’ts.
This dash-cam caught the aftermath of a stupid move that no truck driver should ever attempt. Thanks to J. Canell for sharing this.
Some things to remember while driving a truck:
- If you have any doubts, or think it may be stupid move, it probably is – don’t do it!
- If you missed your exit, take the next one – no matter how far out of your way it is.
- Know your route before you head out.
- Don’t drive distracted. Pay attention to where you’re going and you won’t have to make dumb moves like this one.
- The last thing you want is to have to call your boss or the company whose freight you’re hauling that you caused a delay.
Yes, there are a lot of fly-by-night, cheap ways to get your commercial driver’s license (CDL), but do they teach you the rules of the road? Driving a truck is not like driving a car. Here at Phoenix Truck Driving School, you are guided by professionals in everything from making sure your truck is operating properly to the safe maneuvering of an 18-wheeler. We are also an Arizona Veteran-Supportive Campus. We have financial assistance available for both veterans and non-veterans.
Photo credit: J. Canell