Phoenix Truck Driving Institute Requirements
- Must have earned a high school diploma or GED equivalent or demonstrate the ability to benefit (ATB) by passing an approved test.
- Must be 18 years of age by the time the program is completed for an intrastate license.
- Must be 21 years of age by the time the program is completed for all interstate licenses.
- Must have an active Arizona driver license and proof of at least one year of driving experience with a standard operator’s license (automobile) issued by the state or country before you can receive an Arizona Commercial Driver License (CDL).
- Must meet Department of Transportation physical requirements under Section 391.41, Subpart E of Drivers Commercial Qualifications. Learn more here.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Must be able to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries and make entries on reports and records.
- All qualifications must be met as set forth by Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR).
- Must have a U.S. valid social security card.
If you have questions regarding admission policies, please speak with an Admissions Representative toll-free at 877-205-5372 or email us.
Read about our refund policy.
Read about our grievance policy.