Every industry has its trade publications and the trucking industry has its share of very active voices in trucking blogs and on social media.
Their names are linked to their respective Twitter accounts.
- American Trucking Association – We wrote about them in this post about the agencies and associations in the trucking industry. Their site has the latest news in the trucking industry. They cover everything from economy, to sustainability, to safety.
- Overdrive Magazine – Owner Operators-Operators Trucking Magazine. They have several blogs with a variety of contributors. The site is a great resource if you’re thinking of becoming an owner-operator.
- Land Line Magazine – “The Business Magazine for Professional Truckers” – The official publication of the Owner-Operator Independent Drivers Association (OOIDA) – They actually have another blog…
- Tandem Thoughts – The official blog of Land Line Magazine – where the editors and writers of Land Line Magazine “share opinions, commentary, humor and candid discussions.”
- Transport Topics – The Newspaper of Trucking and Freight Transportation – This one has the look and feel of a trade publication. They cover everything from news, to job listings.
- Heavy Duty Trucking – The Fleet Business Authority – They cover everything having to do with Fleet Management: drivers, equipment, fuel smarts, aftermarket, maintenance and products.
- Life as a Trucker – A crude but effective, no-holds-barred blog by 13-year trucking veteran, Hervy “The Crazy Trucker” Christmas. If you really want to know what the Trucking Life is about, this is the guy to follow.
- The Truckers Report – “A network of professional truck drivers connected by our trucking industry forum, the largest online truckers community.” They offer the latest in trucking news, a list of truck driving schools (in which we are listed!) jobs and a forum.
- Fleet Owner – This one is for the higher-ups in trucking companies. “Written for executives and managers of commercial-trucking fleets that operate five or more vehicles, Fleet Owner provides information about operations, vehicle maintenance, industry regulations and information-management technology.” Many a truck driver has risen through the ranks of the industry. If you see yourself as a future leader, this is a publication to read.
- TruckersNews – More trucking news, but these folks offer up “She Drives” – go lady truckers!